Words to live by:

"With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Thursday, January 27, 2011

My first blog...here goes nothin?

Well, I guess I've joined the world of blog...I'm just gonna start by wingin' my thoughts at this very moment. At first thought, I've always wanted to write, so I guess this is kinda like doing that.
Maybe I can use this blog spot to share my thoughts and feelings to my precious friends and family...by the way, I really do feel like one of luckiest people in the world with the great people I am surrounded with...so those of you out there that help me throughout each and every day...I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

For a tiny snippet about me:
I am 45 years young/old...you can take your pick. It really doesnt matter to me. I feel like I am around the 20 year mark but I'm sure I don't look it:)
I have 2 precious children with whom I am most proud...I don't claim to be the best mother in the world, but I can promise that I give it my best shot. It's not a competition but better yet, a gift and challenge each day. 
I am a full time ministry leader...I am director of the preteen minsitry at Hill Crest Baptist Church but I also spend a lot of time with all ages of chilren (mostly from 4th grade thru college aged), I must admit that these children have helped get me through some of the hardest times in my life, whether they realized it or not.
I also truly am a writer. I love to write ministry related dramas in order to portray the teachings and expectations of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am not here to judge, I am but a humble servant. I am also a teacher of sorts...as I love to teach the stories of the Bible. A future goal (hopefully sooner than later) is to hold a conference in order to teach women (of all ages) some of the things and teachings that God has laid on my heart. All things I teach are designed to help women better their lives through a closer walk with Jesus.
I don't mind if people think I am a Jesus freak...sometimes I am. I simply know how abundant life is WITH him and i know how empty life is WITHOUT him! I've been on both sides of the track...and I hope to NEVER leave the path I am on now. I love JESUS and I am PROUD of it!!!
I am also Creative Events Director at Hill Crest Baptist Church as well as Supervisor of Women's Ministry.
Along with the above priorities, I sell jewelry! It's in my blood...I have sold jewelry for 25 years and really do believe when us women wear it, we just feel better! HA!
I am a student at Jacksonville State University and plan on completing a BFA degree in December 2011 with a concentration in Graphic Design. People often ask what I plan on doing after I graduate...first, I plan on celebrating with some close friends in NEW YORK CITY and then I will just sit back and be proud of the accomplishment...a single mom, full time ministry director, hard work...wow! But ultimately, I will simply BE STILL and KNOW that HE IS GOD...I will listen.
For the rest of my life: I plan on making each day count as much as possible, teaching people all that I can about how to live a life pleasing to God, raising my children to be proud of the life they have made for themselves, and loving every minute of every day that God so richly blesses me with.
I'm actually excited about this new adventure in the blog world...talk again soon...but for now, These are My Thoughts.
Dara Murphy

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Welcome to the world of blogging Dara! So glad you will be posting...I look forward to reading future posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! I am excited about the adventure. I've read some of your blogs and loved reading about your precious family...take care! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh hello? What am I, chop liver? Whatever that means. I want to go to NYC when you go. And how bout a pic of us from our NYC trip I love you and very proud of you.
    Chad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dara
    Thanks for your blog. Your Mom requested that I read them when I talked to her yesterday. You are such an inspiration. I truly believe that God gave you so many talents because HE knew that you would use them to His Glory. Reading your experiences in life, I'm remembering a statement that Nelso Price, who was the Pastor at Roswell Street Church said in his sermon. Experiences in life will either make you BITTER or BETTER. You had the ability and Faith to make them all a learning experience and correct Choice.
    Linda C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dara
    What a blessing you are to so many people. God gave you so many talents because HE knew that you would use them all to HIS GLORY.
    Your Mom was right when she called yesterday and said that I would have tears and chills when I read them.
    It is such an inspirtion to see what you have learned from all of your experiences in Life. God never said that life would be easy-but I do believe that every experience that we can either choose to be Bitter or Better. Praising you for being Better and turning to God for the right Choices.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete