Words to live by:

"With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Sunday, April 3, 2011

All I have left to say...

Tonight I sit here in tears.
Sometimes life is just full of emotion.

As I sit and think about all that I've gone through in my life...
deaths
sickness
divorce
tragedies
children
success
hard work
perseverance
lonliness
failure
happiness
sadness
depression
joy,
I can only think of ONE thing in my life that changes all of these things...

My salvation.
The day I totally surrendered my life to Jesus...

It wasn't that I was instantly rescued from a lifetime of wrong choices...
or
instantly healed from all the wrongs in my life...

It's just that I found a new,
fail-proof way of dealing with life's question, trials, and problems.

I gave my life to Jesus.
I finally realized that I couldn't do this without His guidance.
I couldn't do it my way---it just wasn't working.
I needed Him.
I needed Jesus Christ.

There are still mountains to climb,
obstacles to face,
trials slamming me in the face,
times that seem to hard to bare...

but now?
I have the ONLY thing that can truly guide me,
                                                                 speak to me,
                                                                           love me,
                                                                               hold me,
                                                                                    teach me,
                                                                                          lead me...
                                                                                              the RIGHT way.
WIth Jesus came:
understanding, peace, joy, compassion, forgiveness, patience, and true love.
I'm not kdding.
All of these things are abundant in my life.
These things do not come from Earthly things...nor do they come from me...
they come only from Him.

I am truly humbled at this very moment.
I have never had people in my life who love me the way that they do now.
I have never had so many blessings poured out on me.
I have never felt such complete safety in knowing that there is someone who loves me no matter
how I act,
what I do,
what I say,
what mistakes I make,
just,   
no matter.

As I felt hands lay on my back tonight in a special time that only comes from the one true God,
I realized that I am living a life I never knew imaginable.
I can't imagine ever turning away from this unexplainable, unspeakable joy.
I can't imagine why everyone on this planet wouldn't want a part of it.
Why wouldn't you, me, everyone, want this?
It's free to us.
The reward is eternity in heaven.
The blessings on this Earth are countless.
The pathway is golden.

I was not perfect when I gave my life to Jesus.
I was a wreck.
I was at the end of my rope as I knew it.
I didn't know what else "I" could do.
SO I just gave it all...
I gave my life...to Jesus.
And He took me...
         he didn't wait for a second...
                     he didn't hesitate...
                               he didn't say "wait a minute"...
                                            he didn't say "change first",
He just took me.
Held me.
Shed tears for me.
Bled for me.
All for me.

It was truly...
the CHOICE of a LIFETIME.
My CHOICE.
I made that CHOICE.

A choice that gave me more than I could have ever imagined.
The only thing left to say,
is,
Thank you.

These are my thoughts,
Dara

No comments:

Post a Comment