Words to live by:

"With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm An Artist...and I love it!!!!!!!!!!

I've had some requests to put my artwork on my blog...so here goes.
I've been an "artist" for roughly 20 years. I love to create things by way of painting, drawing, printmaking and photography. I love to capture "the moment and emotion, both inward and outward"...my personal artwork is an expression of my inner thoughts onto a 2 dimensional medium. I love abundant COLOR or just Black and White. It all depends on my mood. I've been called weird...and I take that as a compliment.
The dictionary describes weird as:

weird 

involving or suggesting the supernatural; unearthly or uncanny:
fantastic; bizarre

concerned with fate or destiny.
So I think weird is pretty cool.
I have done many commisioned artworks for organizations as well as private commissions. I have taught and sometimes still currently teach, calligraphy and painting classes.
I have published a line of pen and ink drawings into notecards and bookmarks.
I have 2 limited edition prints.
I have won several purchase awards as well as Best of Show awards in the past years.
I believe I am one of the lucky ones that has learned how to not only produce art but market it and sell it. I have learned how to take constructive criticism lightly and I have learned that not everyone will "like" my work. But to this point, I have grown a very nice following of friends and family that do respect my work.
Below are a few examples of my work:





















No comments:

Post a Comment