Words to live by:

"With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Speak from my heart...

I've thought all day about what I should write tonight. I know the subject...I've just tried to figure out exactly the right words to say. I guess the best thing to do, is what I always do...speak from my heart and not from just my head.

There is someone special in my life...I will refer to this person as "them, they".

I am a better person because of them.
I am 45 years old and I look back through the years and know they've always been holding my hand...when it was small and as it turned big.
Through everything they've been there...never judging, never leaving, never missing.
I would love to be able to say that I was always there for them as well, but I can't.
Because I wasn't.
I'm sorry.
There were times when it would've been understood if they had walked away from me, left me alone, given up on me...
but they never---ever---did.
NEVER. Not Once.

They always gave me credit, support, encouragement...on all that I have ever chosen to do.
I don't think I deserve all that I have been given by them. 
As hard as life got, they never gave up, never gave in, never complained.
And it was very, very hard at times.
They've been alone--lonely--a caregiver--a single parent--a professional--an encourager--a nurse--a teacher--an unconditional, loving friend. They've been all of these things.
At every event, every ballgame, every birth, every sickness, everything that they needed to be at--they were there...everysingle time. Never complaining...just glad to be able to do it.
I admire you.
A smile, a tear, a hug...they knew when each of these was needed.
A firm hand, a "whoopin", a scolding...they knew when these were needed too.
I've always known, and I know to this very day that all I have to do is call...and they are there.
They will put everything down just to talk to me, to help me, to love me.
They are selfless and giving and compassionate.

There have been many empty years...between us, but deep inside our souls, we've always known a stronger bond---a silent bond. We are lucky. We are blessed.

And the most important thing...
this is who taught me how to love Jesus...
to count on Him, to lean on Him, to live for Him...and it was taught not only by words...but mainly and most importantly...
by example.
I look up to you...I count on you...i think of you...I pray for you...
but,
mostly...

My constant and forever my Hero and dearest friend...
I love you!

My mother...

These are my thoughts,
Dara

No comments:

Post a Comment